This is a wonderfully simple, quick and easy dessert. The best part, well aside from eating it, is that it’s made in one pan. That equals less clean-up and I’m all for that. I’ve seen this recipe for years, sometimes called Dump Cake because you just dump all the ingredients into one pan, but that never seemed like such a great name to me. I prefer to call in a crumble. There are lots of variations of this recipe, so it’s hard to narrow it down to give credit. Mine came about as a trial and error. I tried it with some cinnamon once. I don’t recommend that one!
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (20 oz)
- 1 can of blueberry pie filling (20 oz)
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Add the pineapple (do not drain) into the dish
- Spoon the blueberry filling over the pineapple
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the box of cake mix over the top, making sure to spread it out evenly
- Place small pats of butter about three inches apart over the top
- Bake for appx 45 minutes, checking it after 30 minutes for browning
Add some whipped cream topping and it’s pretty close to perfect! To make it truly perfect, add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream instead of the whipped cream.