From North of the Boulevard~
Meatloaf is one of my husband’s all time favorite foods. I don’t make it very often though because mine never comes out ready to be sliced into nice perfect portions. Mine is always more like meat crumble than meatloaf-just like my mother used to make! When I first saw meatloaf muffins on Pinterest a while ago, I didn’t give it much thought. But after my last meatloaf crumble, I thought maybe the muffins were worth a shot. I’ve been pleased with these and now they are on our menu a lot more often which makes my husband happy!
Making these is easy and it cuts the cook time down from the traditional loaf pan. Plus, you have nice individual portions to serve.
This is the recipe used by my mother. It’s for a basic meatloaf. There are lots of variations out there, you can add other vegetables if you like. You can make it using ground turkey also.
Click for PRINTABLE RECIPE MEATLOAF MUFFIN
- 1 to 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat over to 375
- Spray cooking spray into muffin tin
- Combine all ingredients except the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Once everything is combined well, add the beaten eggs and continue to knead the mixture.
- Place by spoonfuls into muffin tin, leveling each one off
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TBS Mustard
- Stir until mixed well
- Spoon topping onto each portion of meatloaf
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes and then use a butter knife to loosen from sides if necessary before removing from muffin tin.
One of the things I don’t like about making a traditional loaf is that for me other than the crumbly part is the guessing game of when it’s fully cooked. These muffins take that guess work out.
I serve these with a side of mashed potatoes or rice and green beans. It’s a meal that makes my husband happy!